MISSION: Massachusetts Horticultural Society is a member-supported organization, dedicated to encouraging and improving the science and practice of horticulture and to developing the public’s enjoyment, appreciation and understanding of plants and the environment.
OVERVIEW: The Gatehouse admissions staff is the first person to greet visitors to The Gardens at Elm Bank. We are looking for a responsible, friendly person to greet our guests, collect admissions, and sell memberships while providing a positive guest experience. Person must familiarize themselves with Massachusetts Horticultural Society, The Gardens at Elm Bank, and membership benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as membership salesperson/customer service representative at the Gatehouse.
- Collect admission and demographic data.
- Distribute information and membership brochures.
- Promote and sell memberships.
- Ensure follow up when required.
- Assist in day-to-day operational procedures, including daily revenue reports, cash handling, and the opening and closing of all systems including the cash register and computerized network.
- Communicate with senior staff and address immediate visitor concerns.
- In a friendly manner, proactively and professionally answer questions and provide directions concerning classes, exhibitions, shows, and garden.
- Handle all cash and credit card transactions.
- Document and report attendance and complete forms daily.
- Develop a proficiency in garden information and literature, available resources, and desk procedures.
- Monitor visitor materials, signs and displays in and around the Gatehouse. Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the Gatehouse area.
- Maintain strong team relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Report security problems.
- Experience in customer service and sales.
- Proficient in math and successful experience handling cash and credit cards.
- Friendly, outgoing, and comfortable engaging with people.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.